Picking yourself back up...

Today's post is simple and short. Throughout the day we all have ups and downs and sometimes we get so down that we can't look up. Many people have ways of coping and those ways can be diverse as the people who implement them.

After a hard internally emotionally day, I did something I do probably one every few years. I look back on some of the first videos I ever edited. Some of them are favorites and some of them are terrible, but sometimes I find a gem that even though it is one of my most hastily made videos, it still brings me to tears every time.

I would like to share it with you because of the emotion I'm reminded of that was behind this video and this project that I still have. It gives me a sense of purpose and reminds me of the power for good that media can have. This is why I choose film over medicine, aviation, or any other discipline I've ever been passionate about, because it means something...


"My arm is outstretched still..." and I hope that for anyone who feels down, know that there is always the arm of God, a friend, a mentor, or family that will always be there to pull you out of the pit you're in.

-Josh R.

Comments

  1. So many good movies there -- that gave me all the feels!!
    It takes a strong person to lift others up when you're feeling down. I think you're doing better than you think you are :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts